Wednesday, September 23, 2026

A "vintage" way to save recipes


Speaking of books … I do plan to have a Silver Sisters Christmas novel out by December 1 as well, but I realized I will simply not have time this year to complete the vintage Valentine's cookbook I've been working on. Still, two new books out in a year is pretty good for me, so now I will have an extra year to make the Valentine's book as good as I want it to be. It will feature a lot of "berry" recipes, and I bought this vintage recipe organizer from eBay simply because it includes a recipe for something called Frozen Cranberry Velvet Pie. "Cranberry velvet." Doesn't that sound yummy? I plan to give it a try around Thanksgiving when all things cranberry are in fashion.


I just love this old notebook!


It didn't actually have a lot of recipes inside and has lots of blank pages in the back, but it does have pockets with each section divider, and I will enjoy using it in my kitchen.


And it has a teakettle in the cover's design! I do have a nice wooden recipe box, but I tend to use cookbooks more than recipe cards. I fear that we're going to lose a lot of recipes one day when they're all digital and we forget to share them with others. How do you save recipes? (Or do you?)

2 comments:

  1. Cranberry velvet sounds delicious, I’ll look forward to hearing how it turns out. I love your vintage Christmas cookbook and I’m sure the Valentine one will be equally delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to hearing how the pie is! I have two boxes of recipe cards I use, plus a folder of recipes on paper I’ve written down, or photocopies. Plus several notebooks of recipes, and now those I’ve saved on my iPad!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!