Wednesday, September 16, 2026

An Ollie's shopping alert


So I ran in Ollie's to grab some toothpaste since I can get in and out there faster than I can at the grocery store, and as always, I had to buzz by the tea aisle. And I found—duh, duh, duh, DUH—some Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Green Tea! And I do mean "some," because the sighting made me check out the entire food section, and this was the only box I found (just $1.99). Was it on the shelves early in the season, or is it close to its expiration date? Well, the box says it expires in January 2027, so it's nearing its sell-by date, but the tea I bought tastes as yummy as it always does, and as fast as I drink this tea, using it up before it expires will not be a problem. Candy Cane Lane has a bit of a cult following with peppermint tea enthusiasts, so … be advised to check your local Ollie's if you're a fan as well.


In addition to the tea, I found this Dove Spiced Chai Latte hand soap. Now, I like "food" scented hand soap only in the kitchen, and I was pleased that this soap has such a light hint of spice, not something heavy that will follow you around all day like the musky hand soap I used in a gift boutique's restroom last week. (If you sniff just right, you can probably still smell it there at your house, wherever you live.)


Ollie's is such a fun discount store because you never know what you'll find there, but I have learned that I can always find tea!

2 comments:

  1. Good finds! I love Candy Cane Lane tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found your Candy Cane Lane tea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!