Friday, September 25, 2026

A book launch in Auburn, Alabama


On Wednesday, I had the great pleasure of traveling an hour or so south to Auburn, Alabama, where I had a book launch at a ladies luncheon with my friend Nancy, formerly of Newnan, and the friends in her neighborhood. I last spoke there three years ago and was tickled to be invited back.


They have such a beautiful clubhouse, and I had to stop and snap a few photos of the flowers before I went in!


My new book features a main character who is an Auburn grad and includes a bit of football rivalry with her University-of-Alabama-grad sister, so when Nancy asked whether it would be appropriate to work footballs into the decor, I said yes! Only she could make footballs look pretty.


There was a football banner too!


But my favorite decoration? Nancy said that in honor of my love of teatime (and there is always some tea in my books), she had to include some teacups, so she displayed these under glass. They were near the desserts…


And the ladies sent me home with several of them. Yum!


My lavish to-go box also included some of the fresh flowers accenting all of the tables.


As the ladies were busy setting up the delicious lunch of a cranberry-apple salad, mini cornbread muffins, and a creamy chicken-and-rice casserole, I asked if I could help. They told me everything was taken care of and to just feel free to make myself at home, so I wandered into this room to sit and enjoy a few quiet moments as I prepared to speak. Aren't the furnishings lovely?


After the ladies ate lunch and selected their desserts, I told them about Dyeing for Attention and some of the real-life scenarios that inspired scenes in the book. They were a fantastic group and had so many kind comments afterward (and went home with books, which is always nice). It was such a fun way to kick off the new book, and I couldn't be happier that I actually got to do it in Auburn!

1 comment:

  1. That was such a nice way to launch this new book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!