Monday, November 23, 2020

Some fun Christmas finds


On a recent Saturday morning, I was out running errands early and decided to stop by Treasures Lost and Found, a local antique shop that I gather is the latest iteration of an antique mall that recently closed, Treasures Old and New. I like the new shop even better than the old one, and it almost seemed to have *more* stuff and was more intimate. I arrived early enough that I was the only customer there, which made me happy during these mask-wearing, social-distancing days of ours. I had barely made it in the door before I spotted this Ruby Damask Old Country Roses teacup and saucer for just $8. I knew that was going home with me. I'm not sure this is actually a Christmas pattern, but it looks Christmasy to me, and the price was right. Plus, it had the original Royal Albert sticker still on the bottom, so it's possible this lovely set was never even used.


As I always keep my eyes peeled for vintage Christmas decor, I was delighted to come upon this set of fun little bendable "Annalee Mobilitee" dolls from 1971. They seem so familiar. Maybe we had these when I was a little girl? (I would have been seven.) Or maybe I saw them somewhere else back then? The nostalgia of such items gets me every time.

I love the whimsical style, and I was happy to see a tag on the back so that I could research them.


Their faces are so expressive! And just $6 for the set was a good buy, so I was happy with that as well.


I'm trying to hold off on using my Christmas teacups until after Thanksgiving, and since this one isn't technically a Christmas teacup, and I was sipping the India Wilkes (from Gone With the Wind) blend from Adagio Teas, I decided that using this teacup was okay, especially here at Thanksgiving week. While 2020 certainly hasn't looked like any of us thought it would, I find myself thankful for many things this year, and that certainly includes all the wonderful tea-loving friends who read this blog!

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful teacup and saucer! Very festive, and I agree, start using it right away. And the dolls are adorable, and perfect for you. I don't remember ever seeing that type before. I'm glad you found all these treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty teacup! I once had an Annalee Christmas doll. Cute faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the teacup. It looks Christmasy to me too.
    Right now I am using my turkey teacup, but thanks for the reminder. Christmas teacups come out at the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't believe I have ever seen that china pattern. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful tea cup. The Anna Lee dolls are adorable. Have a Blessed and happy Thanksgiving. God Bless.
    Joan,Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful teacup! I like it better than the original Old Country Roses. I do particularly like china patterns that have a ribbon in the design, like the classic Royal Worcester Holly Ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's a Ruby Damask Old Country Roses teacup and saucer on eBay for $27.50. You had an amazing find! I received your Vintage Christmas Cookbook from Amazon and love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like I did get a bargain then, so thanks! And thanks so much for ordering my cookbook--I'm so pleased you like it! :)

      Delete
  9. Love the treasures you found! And Tis the Season to enjoy them!
    Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!