Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Reasons I'm thankful for tea!

 

I'm really enjoying the posts I'm seeing on Facebook this week where everyone is sharing what they're thankful for. As a variation on that, I started thinking about all the reasons I'm thankful God made tea. Here are the first three things that came to mind:

1) I'm so thankful for the many wonderful teatimes I've enjoyed around a tea table (mine or someone else's) with family and friends. Some of those friends and family members are in Heaven now, and how wonderful to have happy teatime memories to enjoy.

2) I'm thankful that tea has facilitated my friendships with so many amazing women! I now have friends all across the country, and a few across the world, who share my love for tea and teatime. I've met quite a few of them in person, and our mutual love of tea turned us into friends so quickly that it's rather astonishing. (Have you ever heard of, say, a group of Mountain Dew or Dr Pepper enthusiasts who can claim that? I think not.)

3) I'm thankful that plain tea has no calories. Seriously.

What about you? What are you thankful for about tea?

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Alex. Teatime with Angela is a favorite each time I read your always uplifting inspirational blog and books! I share my cup of tea with you at each read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have enough time or space to list all the things for which I'm thankful. But my top three would be faith, family, and friends. I'm also thankful for tea for the same reasons you listed. Have a very happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've really summed it up well about how tea facilitates friendships and brings people together! But I'm also thankful that a nice hot cup of tea (with sugar and lemon, please, and a cookie or two) can raise my spirits when I'm all by myself, as is so often the case in these days of social distancing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! I agree with you. Tea has brought so many nice things to my life. I’m thankful we are friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!