Wednesday, November 18, 2020

12 Days of Christmas from Adagio Teas

 


Last week, I wrote about my fun new Tea Advent Calendar from Adagio Teas, and today, I want to share my review of another great gift they allowed me to sample, their 12 Days of Christmas gift set … and I have some fun ideas for how to enjoy it long after the teas are gone!


When you open the box, you immediately see a little card…


… that lists all the teas, which range from Earl Grey Bravo (a nice crisp Earl Grey) to Golden Monkey and Rooibos Pecan Turtle (a rich, naturally sweet dessert tea that I adored).


And look how the teas are packaged! They're in these small rectangular tins just a little larger than a gift card, and the spines when lined up feature an ornament design. How clever is that?



I've long been a fan of Adagio Teas, so I knew the loose tea samples themselves would be a hit, and they were …


… and I also think the tins themselves are so pretty.


Some of them even look like cross-stitch, and if you were generous and willing to share, you could hang one or two on the tree for a friend or family member. (Or not, ahem.)


But my inner crafter went nuts when I realized that these adorably tiny tins are absolutely perfect for crafting after you've enjoyed all the teas. Have you seen the new craft of creating scenes in tiny altered tins, like Altoid tins? Some I've seen on Etsy have featured a nativity, a snowy Christmas scene, and even a vignette perfect for tea lovers. These Adagio tins would require you to either find super-thin miniatures or (my idea) create dimensional paper images, and wow, aren't these perfect for that?

Of course, if you're not a crafter, you could just enjoy the pleasure of trying a lot of great new teas, and that's okay too! This set of teas is just $19, and I predict that I'll be buying these for myself every year from now on. (Go here to check them out now.)

6 comments:

  1. Those little tins are so cute! And the teas sound delicious, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those tins are extremely cute! And the packaging is really clever. I may not be able to resist buying a set for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just received today my Tea Advent Calendar based on your earlier post. I have not tried Adagio teas in the past and am eagerly looking forward to sampling all these teas in the Advent calendar. In addition, because I was a first time visitor to their site, they included a tin of loose tea called "Virgo" - their tea of the month blends to signify my September birthday. So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear what you think of Virgo, Cheryl. (And what a nice welcome gift!)

      Delete
  4. Cute packaging. Glad to hear the tea is good too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!