Friday, March 6, 2020

Marietta Daisies Mango blend tea

I have a new favorite tea blend, and it is so exclusive that I'm pretty sure this is the only blend exactly like this one in existence. That's because I blended it myself when I spoke to the Marietta Daisies Garden Club two weeks ago, and I loaded it up with my beloved mango and coconut flavors!

It turned out that garden club member Katryn Taylor is the proprietress of Camellia Estate teas, and she brought different tea bases and flavorings so the ladies could blend their own tea. I realized quickly that my favorite will always be a flavored black tea, and while I'd had plenty of mango-flavored teas, I'm not sure I'd ever had one with just mango and coconut, so that's what I opted for.

I love that Katryn's company has "Camellia" in the title, and her packaging and brochures are just beautiful. I thought she was incredibly generous to allow all of us to plunder her teas, herbs, fruits, and flowers. When I added just a spoonful of mango to my blend and told her how much I enjoy the flavor of mango, she said, "Keep going." I added another spoonful. "Keep going." She waved me on, and I added some more. Without her guidance, I would no doubt have skimped on the mango, but after adding plenty of it and coconut, I am sold on this blend and love the idea of personalizing my own teas. 

And if you happened to read this blog two weeks ago, you may recall that I was gifted one of the floral centerpieces in a teacup. It was this one, and I just love drinking tea out of it now.

Because neither the cup nor the saucer is marked, I went on eBay to see if I could find a similar peony design, and to my surprise, this is apparently a new set from Gracie China! I absolutely love it, and I've been using it exclusively as I sip my Marietta Daisies Mango tea. If you'd like to know more about Camellia Estate teas, click here.


4 comments:

  1. Your teacup and saucer are beautiful, and I'm so glad you have your own personal tea blend now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teacup and the sound of your new blend too. Both are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tea blend sounds good. Enjoy the new cup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely tea blend. And such a vibrant teacup. It's a win-win!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!