Monday, December 23, 2019

A tea-and-cookie break

I don't know about you, but I have found that this Christmas has arrived at lightning speed. Something about Thanksgiving falling so late this year really put the Christmas season on fast-forward, and I didn't buy that last gift until Saturday, which is quite late for me. Still, by Sunday afternoon, I was looking around at the presents that still need wrapping, thought about a little more decorating that I didn't quite get around to, and did the only sensible thing a woman could do: I prepared a cup of tea and some cookies. And I even fancied it up by using one of my vintage tea-and-toast sets. The cookie sticks (I wrote about my new pan here) finally got dipped and sprinkled (which for some reason makes me think of Baptists and Methodists), and I made several batches of spritz cookies one recent weekend as well.

The spritz cookies, by the way, are a Christmas classic as far as I'm concerned, and they were the topic of my most recent column in The Coweta Shopper.

But you know what Alex and I have just devoured this weekend? Our neighbor Viveca makes these ridiculously delicious little treats at back that are simply a mini pretzel with a Rolo candy melted on top and a pecan pressed into the middle. That combination of salty and sweet just can't be beat, and we were so happy to receive these. Do you have a favorite Christmas candy or cookie? I'd love to know!



7 comments:

  1. Everything looks delicious! My daughter makes those pretzel bites, but with a Hershey's kiss melted on top of the square pretzel, and a red or green M & M on top. They are cute, festive, and easy. But I like the pecan idea, too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tennis set.

    Best wishes for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tea and cookie break looks wonderful! It's hard to say what is my favorite Christmas cookie. I do love gingerbread cookies, and they just smell like Christmas to me. My sister Elena in North Carolina always sends me a box of her holiday cookies, including gingerbread people and sugar cookies and other yummy things. They go into the freezer right away, and then I eat some each day, putting them into the oven so that they are nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gingerbread is my favorite Christmas cookie. I also enjoy snowballs aka Mexican wedding cookies. I experimented with my recipe and made it sugar free this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pretzel looks delicious! I am so behind this year. I made my first batch of drop cookies yesterday.. a nice cookie dough with dried cranberries, white choc chips & toasted pecans. Very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!