Friday, November 22, 2019

Colonel Brandon's teatime

I do not watch a lot of videos online. I’d rather read something than view something, so I tend to scroll on past when someone on Facebook says, “This cute video will only take five minutes to watch…” I’m imagining all the things I could be doing in those five minutes, so I skip the viewing and move along.

That said, I just discovered the “Epic Tea Time” video starring (the late, sadly) Alan Rickman. Some of you probably know him from Harry Potter, but to me, he will always be Colonel Brandon from Sense and Sensibility. And yes, I officially enjoyed watching a seven-minute video of him having a cup of tea.

According to the article I found on openculture.com, this video is part of the Portraits in Dramatic Time series by David Michalek, each “glacially paced” portrait offering “a physical metaphor for an emotional condition,” and the videos were originally projected onto a building at Lincoln Center. I don’t know why I find this tea video so fascinating, but I do.

(Learn more here.)

5 comments:

  1. I rarely watch the videos, like you, but I'll take time later today to watch this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an interesting video, well worth the 7 minutes of watching time! Thank you for alerting us to it. And why is Mr. Rickman so angry about the tea? My guess is because the water wasn't hot! Notice that it doesn't turn color when he adds the tea bag. I agree that tepid water for tea is infuriating.
    Yes, to me, Mr. Rickman will always be Colonel Brandon. What a wonderful voice he had! I just loved listening to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too would rather read than watch. Thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. one word....INCREDIBLE!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say it was hard for me to be patience with the slow motion. I wanted to say "just get on with it". Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!