Monday, November 25, 2019

Christmas shopping for little girls

I don't currently have any very little girls in my family that I'm Christmas shopping for, so I especially enjoy looking for toys for the charitable giving in my community at this time of year. And years ago, the very wise woman who headed up our town's gift collection for foster children told me there was a real need for dolls and gifts that didn't just picture white little girls, and that always impressed me. So now, I try to be intentional about looking for gifts that a black or brown little girl would enjoy. Disney toys are always a hit, so this set from Ollie's caught my eye.

Hopefully, some little girl will enjoy playing with a Royal Palace Tea & Chocolate Set. I would!

I love that the box looks like a cabinet.

The bright colors are so different from the usual pink and pastel tea sets I always see.

I like the cups too!

And because my friend told me there is always a need for black dolls, I scooped up this Barbie when I saw her. Since your town is probably collecting toys for a giveaway as well, I wanted to share a few ideas that just might delight the future tea (and doll) lovers in our midst!

5 comments:

  1. That tea set is adorable, and what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions! I'll be on the look-out for those items. I've already bought one tea set to bring to my favorite hockey team's annual toy drive in December.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you do not follow Destination Tea, they posted these wonderful ornaments from Fortnum and Mason that are miniature tea trays. I just ordered two, and my order shows they will be here December 5. https://destinationtea.com/destination-teas-2019-holiday-gift-guide/?fbclid=IwAR3rjUM6oPph9BaxwFcpVJIapnaKjb4WsxdVzdfAak1B05vA8eJzJmMPCNQ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!