Monday, September 30, 2019

Am I blue?

Am I blue? No, but my newest teatime plate is!

This is one of two I found at Salvation Army while out with Aunt Jane on Saturday. I've never seen these particular designs before, but they remind me of the Capodimonte pieces my mother used to collect.

 The green-edged one has a tiny chip on one petal, but considering what I paid for them, I can touch it up with paint and live with it just fine!

 All these say on the back is "For Decoration Only," so there's no back stamp to investigate.

 My other tea-ish find? A 1999 box of Susan Branch cards. I've long been an admirer of her teatime art, but I've never before seen this design featuring a curate's stand (or tiered tea tray).

It was one of three designs in my $1.59 box of cards (14 of the 18 still present), so I was pretty pleased with my finds. Have you all had any good thrifting lately? (And if anyone can shed some light on the source of my plates, I'd be most obliged!)

7 comments:

  1. I think you should be quite pleased with your finds! I've never seen any plates like those 2 but I like them, and the note cards are so darling. I'll be out thrifting again before long and I hope I'll have as good luck as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those plates are gorgeous! I had those cards at one time a long time ago and used them for my most special tea friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! And I will probably do the same with my cards and use them for tea-appreciating friends!

      Delete
  3. Nice finds! I especially like the cards. I haven't been to a thrift shop lately, but did buy three interesting used books (my weakness) for a dollar each at a church bazaar last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vernona, I have quit even *pretending* I won't bring any more books home with me. And just a dollar? Plus, it benefited the church. A win for everyone!

      Delete
  4. I have never seen plates like those. I would definitely have snapped up the cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!