Monday, March 25, 2019

Some teatime papercrafting with a British touch

So along with that great new magazine about British Tea that I found at Barnes & Noble last week, I also splurged and got a new British craft magazine, Cardmaking & Papercraft. I wouldn't normally have spent $13.99 on a craft magazine, but I was using a Valentine's Day gift card from my husband, so I figured why not.

What most caught my eye was this "Time for Tea" craft set, which included some clear stamps and a lace doily embossing folder. I studied the magazine for a few days and admired the designs inside, and finally over the weekend, I was ready to play with my new goodies.

I pulled out my Cricut Cuttlebug machine and greatly enjoyed embossing the doily design on some pieces of white cardstock. I realized I now need some die cut circles so that I won't have to cut these out by hand, so that will go on my craft-supply wish list.

The rubber stamps, I'm afraid, didn't just bowl me over. The design is a bit blurry, not like the crisp impressions I get with my Stampin' Up stamps, so I'm probably going to tuck these away, although I can tell I will use that lace doily embossing folder to make lots of doilies. I'm still glad I got this magazine, though, as it has great ideas for tea-themed cards. So for all of my papercrafting friends, you may (or may not) want to look for this on the newsstands.

I love how British craft magazines usually lure us in by offering a gift with the magazine. Don't you wonder why US magazine publishers aren't trying this tactic as well?

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a great magazine I'm going to see if I can find it at our local bookstore. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry the stamps were disappointing, they are cute designs. But the doily embossing folder is wonderful! Enjoy playing with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The knitting magazines have some great kits that always lure me in. Wool, needles, crochet hook and patterns. There is one magazine that will do a promotion of enough lace weight wool to knit a shawl every couple of years.

    Often the "ladies" magazines will give away handcream, mascara, a lip gloss. The puzzle type magazines usually have a pen.

    It's a hot topic at work. The Poles say at home their magaines do similar gifts and the Spanish market, the same.

    North America really needs to up it's game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOOOO, those doilies are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely magazine. It is smart to include a special treat. These days so many magazines are struggling, you would think they would add a bonus. Enjoy your magazine.
    Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. British sewing magazines have a free pattern each issue. American magazines should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really do like that embossed doily design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!