Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Seeing Rock City … in a teacup!

I'm trying to be good and not acquire too many more teawares, but when my friend Brad sent word that he had some teacups to pass along, how could I resist? I love the retro style of this Rock City teacup and saucer, even though I haven't, to my recollection, ever actually been to "See Rock City," as the famous slogan goes. Located in Lookout Mountain, Rock City is just 2-1/2 hours away. Maybe that would make a nice spring getaway this year!

I also love that my friend, who is obviously a fan of Chick-fil-A, packaged this teacup creatively and turned their slogan on its head by saying "Drink more tea!" instead of "Eat more chicken!" I'm so touched that he thought I would enjoy this retro teacup—and I do!





8 comments:

  1. I love that teacup! I've only ever driven past Rock City but I've surely seen the signs (and barns and birdhouses) saying "See Rock City" all my life. And the packaging was most creative, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile! Both cup and bag have a red swirl and black lettering. They go together! Very thoughtful. Never heard of Rock City here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sisters and I rode the Rock City Incline Railway once (as grown-ups), and that was fun. Growing up, I always loved seeing all the "See Rock City" signs when we would travel in Tennessee and Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute cup.

    Chattanooga is a great place to visit but Rock City not so much. The incline RR is a lot of fun as are many other places in Chatt. - my husband and I go there often.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve never been to Rock City. Growing up a lady in our church had a big bird house with “See Rock City” on the roof. It always seemed exotic to me. Haha.
    Enjoy your new tea cup. The handle is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chattanoogan here! I’ve never seen that design before, and I worked at Rock City for a couple of years. It’s a beautiful place to visit at any time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I've never been as close as I live, Marianna! Hope to make a trip there soon!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!