Friday, February 16, 2018

Breaking news: Sugar bowl reunited with teaware family!

Remember when I found that pretty blue-accented teapot and creamer at T.J. Maxx in Marietta last month? Well, I looked at my T.J. Maxx in Newnan, but they didn't have the sugar bowl. I looked at the store in Carrollton, but they didn't have it. Then I just knew I'd find it at the store in Rome, but they didn't have it, either.

Then last Friday, I had lunch with a friend and decided afterward that I'd run over to Peachtree City and see if their T.J. Maxx had it. I'd never actually seen this sugar bowl, mind you, yet I somehow believed it existed. Logic told me that it did. My heart told me that it did. And guess what? There it sat. (No creamer, by the way, just the sugar bowl.)

And I kid you not, as I walked to the store's checkout counter, Hebrews 11:1 sprang to mind. It says, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." I realize that's a frivolous application of one of the great truths of the Bible, but I somehow felt it applied. Do you believe God can speak to us in a T.J. Maxx? I do!

10 comments:

  1. God speaks to us in various places, including TJ Maxx! I'm so glad you persevered and found the sugar bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your lovely tea set is now complete! Now the quest for the teacups. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful when that happens. I've had that happen at thrift shops and yes T. J. Maxx. Love the set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smiling! Partly by your persistence and partly because I think they got separated at birth and you reunited them. Oh happy, happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seek and ye shall find. Congratulations on finding the sugar bowl! It's such an elegant-looking set.
    --from Vernona in DC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes!!! So glad you found it. Hmmm, wonder if I can do the same for a teapot and creamer I found at Home Goods a couple of months ago. Guess I should try your persistence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will never guess what I found in the Eugene Oregon T.J.Maxx, a teapot and sugar in the same pattern as yours, no creamer, Oh those elusive creamers, now I am on the hunt , where oh where , so much fun , I will let you know if I find one ,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reunited and it feels so good!

    I'm a teaware and tea buying hiatus (48 days and counting!) so I'm living vicariously through your purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the stickers! They arrived in today's mail. They are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes. So glad you now have a set.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!