Monday, February 26, 2018

Discovering a new tea spot in Green Bay, Wisconsin


Alex and I are up in Green Bay, Wisconsin, visiting family, and on Saturday, while they were all attending a birthday party for a young friend, we decided to check out The Attic, a used bookstore and tea and coffee shop in Green Bay. 

I sampled their "Dahl House" blend, a ginger and peach black tea, and a huge chocolate chip scone, both very good! Alex had a bagel and coffee, which he also enjoyed.

They had a great selection of loose teas, tea wares, and tea gadgets (including a new one I purchased and plan to review once I get back home).

I enjoyed seeing the clever collages displayed at the store, including this one with a familiar tea quote.

I left with a new tea tumbler (an unbreakable souvenir that's suited for air travel) and some Caramel Apple Rooibos that is a delicious antidote to the cold weather up here in Wisconsin!


9 comments:

  1. I too have family in Green Bay. I haven't been to the Attic in a long time. I'll have to make that my tea stop the next time I'm up there to visit my Mom. Last year I took my Mom to "Q Tea". The tea was very good, however, they served it in a paper cup! When I asked for sugar, they brought it in a small bowl, but no spoon. Was I supposed to dump it in and stir with my finger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out "Q Tea," so thanks for the tip, Barbara!

      Delete
  2. This looks like an enjoyable spot. Have a great visit with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that you found a place to have tea while traveling. That is one of my favorite things when I travel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks lovely! A coffee shop in Fontana, WI, is where I was introduced to Rishi Tea (home in Milwaukee). Have you ever had Rishi? My favorite is China Breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea to combine a used book store with tea! If it weren't for flying, I'm sure a few books would have come home with you too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tea and used books--what a wonderful combination! And it's great that your tea was served in a porcelain mug--I do not like to drink tea out of a paper cup.
    --from Vernona in DC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Books and tea! A perfect combination and the C.S. Lewis quote sets the mood. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!