Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Trying a new tea in a new-to-me teacup

One of the many things I enjoy about visiting my stepdaughter's family in Wisconsin (besides getting to visit our two adorable grandsons!) is that Heather and her husband always make me feel so welcome. Early on, she made it clear that her house was my house, so when she was busy working and I wanted a cup of tea, I knew I was welcome to browse in her cabinets and use anything I found, including this lovely teacup!

I was eager to try a new flavor of Bigelow tea I'd found at their local Walmart, the Toasted Coconut Almond Bark flavor.

It sounded quite delicious, billed as "a decadent combination of toasted coconut and almond flavors." I had high hopes for this tea, and I've loved almost everything I've ever tried from Bigelow, but I must admit that this one didn't quite live up to its promise. It was fine for an almond-flavored tea with a hint of sweetness, but I didn't detect the toasted coconut flavor at all. Maybe that's just me, though, and your experience might be different!

I did, however, enjoy learning that Heather found this gorgeous teacup for $3 at a Wisconsin garage sale (as evidenced by the sticker I found on the bottom), and it was a floral pattern I've seen before but not on this particular style of teacup. Yada is such a fun name for a china company. (If you have three of these teacups, do you have some "Yada, yada, yada"?)

And last but certainly not least, here are our sweet little Badger boys, as we call them, Andrew and Michael, on their way to school as we prepared to say goodbye and head back to Georgia!

5 comments:

  1. Those boys are adorable and I know you enjoyed seeing them! And what a pretty teacup. I'd have bought it in a heartbeat. Since I'm more fond of almond than I am of coconut, that tea would probably taste delicious to me. Unfortunately I'm now on a blood thinner, and I'm having to limit my caffeine. Thankfully I have some good herbal tisanes to fall back on! Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tea sounds delicious and a darling teacup makes one smile! And those are such sweet boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So darn cute - love little boys! I must find this tea - sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that tea last week but didn’t buy it. I’ll wait until it goes on sale to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!