Friday, June 3, 2016

Freeman's Sweet Tea & Lemon Peel-Away Clay Mask

If I were a braver woman, I would have taken a selfie to show you what I looked like wearing my Sweet Tea & Lemon Peel-Away Clay Mask from Freeman this week. Alas, no. Just no.

I found this for a dollar and some change, I believe, at an Ingles Market a few weeks ago and just got around to trying it this week. I was happy to see that camellia sinensis leaf extract was indeed listed as one of the ingredients. When I opened the packet, I squeezed out goo the color of Thousand Island dressing and the consistency of glue. And yes, I smeared it across my face. I have always loved peel-off masks because I like the idea of "peeling off" impurities. (An old friend who was a sales rep for a well-known brand of department-store cosmetics heard me say this once and was horrified because she said I was stripping off a layer of my skin. Whatever.) And after just 10 minutes, I was able to peel off my mask (yes, I still had some skin underneath) and my face felt wonderfully smooth. I'll be buying this mask again!

6 comments:

  1. Looks interesting! I would never have been brave enough to try it without your recommendation, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At that price, this would be a great item for your gift baskets! I will look for one when I go to Ingles the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. Can you believe it but I guess I don't treat my skin that well, I have never used a mask on my face. Would almost be brave enough to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to keep this in mind should I be near a store that might have it. I believe the purpose of the skin care lines today is to get the top layer off from what I have seen in the brushes and scrubbers, so I feel you were way ahead of your time anyway. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peel off masks are fun, aren't they? I haven't used one in years but I would give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!