Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New teapot for a new year


The only bad thing about all the recent holidays is that boy, it sure makes it hard to drag back to work! ("What? You people expect me to work five days in a row from now on? Are you SERIOUS???")

So, to ease the transition back to office life, I decided to start revamping the office tea corner. Toward that end, I found the perfect new teapot at T.J. Maxx (besides, I had a gift certificate to use). The packaging calls it the "Born to Shop Teapot," and you won't believe the maker. Guess.

OK. Give up? It's Johnson Brothers! And I noted something interesting about this piece. The bottom of the teapot is marked this way: "Born to Shop, (copyright and registry marks) History and Heraldry Ltd. (All rights reserved) Johnson Brothers, England 1883, Porcelain, Dishwasher and Microwave Safe." So you'd think it's made in England, right? Well, the Johnson Brothers sticker on the packaging says "Made in China." I really bought this teapot for its whimsical design, so I'm happy with it wherever it was made. (And I trust Johnson Brothers knows that I still expect "the good stuff" to be made in England.)

3 comments:

  1. That is an adorable find! I made the march back to the office today. Whew. It was a long day! Several cups of tea helped me through it. Cheers to you and the New Year! I'm so thankful to have discovered your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting back to the normal pace as well, and while transferring all my tea goodies from one cabinet to another, I was thinking I'll add some of the older blends to my steamy bath water and "steep" a while myself! Love the teapot! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea about using up old teas in the tub, EN! And Steph ... I LOVE your hat pic! That is cool! (And I hope it's warm!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!