Friday, January 4, 2008

The new issue of Tea Time


What an elegant teapot they have on the cover of the new Tea Time magazine! This pattern is "Louveciennes" from Haviland, and I googled and found it's a bit pricey, between $250-$350 depending on whether it's on sale or not. Haven't ever seen Haviland at T.J. Maxx, but we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed, won't we?

My favorite article in this issue is "The Royal Butler," an interview with Paul Burrell, who was once butler to Princess Diana and before that, the Queen. One thing I found interesting is that the Queen's teatime is 5 p.m., when in this country we seem to believe a 3 or 4 p.m. teatime is the proper hour. (And really, I suppose "the proper hour" is whenever you like it to be.) Burrell has also designed his own line of teawares, and I enjoyed seeing them on his website.

Also in this issue, there are numerous recipes for a Valentine's Tea, my favorite being one for heart-shaped Chocolate-Chip Cherry Scones. Does anyone else have this issue, and if so, what did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!