Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Cranberry & White Chocolate Biscotti


Yikes! I almost forgot to post today. But that's what always happens when I'm on deadline finishing up the next magazine. Today we wrapped up our Jan/Feb 2008 issue, so now I get to move on to planning for St. Patrick's Day and Easter. Oh, the joys of magazine scheduling ...

But since out there in the real world it's not yet Christmas, I wanted to share an easy treat that is perfect with a nice cup of hot tea, which I will be enjoying as I relax and DON'T think about proofreading tonight!

(By the way, if you are thinking that photo is a little too perfect for me to have taken, you are right! Bob Fraley, our photog, snapped that for our Christmas issue. I DID, however, make the biscotti!)

Cranberry & White Chocolate Biscotti

3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
7/8 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
Dash salt
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1-2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a small bowl, beat eggs, vanilla and almond extract with wire whisk. In mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cranberries. Add egg mixture and stir just until blended, about 1 minute.

Divide dough in half. On greased and floured baking sheet, arrange dough into two logs, about 1/2 inch thick, 1-1/2 inches wide and 12 inches long. Place logs 2 inches apart and bake for 50 minutes or until golden. Cool for 5 minutes. Next, place log on a cutting board and, using a serrated knife, slice on the diagonal, about 1/2 inch thick. Place the slices flat on a baking sheet, lower oven temperature to 275 degrees, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes more, turning once for even baking.

Melt white chocolate chips in microwave, and glaze biscotti as desired. Makes about 3-1/2 dozen pieces.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe. That looks good. And I like the picture too. That's my china pattern. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just cruising thru your blog and enjoying it alot. I have that same china, but your Biscotti, really finishes off the look! YUM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!