Monday, February 6, 2017

Teacups, trios, and a tea angel ... oh, my!

Last week I got a call from a dear friend who will be turning 80 next month. She said she's trying to clear out some things in her house, and she said she had a set of 12 Japanese Flower of the Month teacups that belonged to her late mother-in-law and would be happy for me to have them if I wanted them. She also had a friend who wanted to give me some English china teacups if I wanted them. Friends, I was there the next day!

When I got there, my friend informed me that the Flower of the Month pieces weren't just teacups and saucers but were actually trios! I did not know that these Japanese Flower of the Month pieces had been made as trios, did you? At any rate, I was thrilled to have these teawares with all their beautiful flowers.

They won't all fit on the tea trolley, so for now I am displaying six of them at a time. They are in absolutely pristine condition.

And when I got home, I discovered that also tucked into the giant box of trios was this charming Jim Shore "Angel of Hospitality." I'm still pinching myself that I was blessed with all these new treasures. Later this week, I'll show you more of the goodies from the very memorable day that I went home with 20 new teacups!

14 comments:

  1. Wow! You hit the tea ware lottery! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trios are beautiful and couldn't have gone to a better or nicer person! The hospitality tea angel is lovely too. I have one that proudly sits in my tea angel collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were truly blessed! What a beautiful gift. Love the Angel and all your lovely new tea sets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect gift for you, they are lovely! When you are 80 you can pass them along too. That would be a fun tradition in honor of your dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word - oh Angela, how divine!!!!

    This is such a blessing - they are GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They couldn't have arrived at a better home and the Jim Shore angel is a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the lily of the valley and the violet tea cups are especially nice--they are two of my favorite flowers. The tea cups and angel ARE lucky to have found such a good new home.
    --from Vernona in DC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, how beautiful and generous of your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I know I left a comment yesterday - I wonder where it went! Those trios are beautiful, I'm delighted they have a new home with you. And I love the angel - I have one like it. What a nice surprise to find in the box.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely, you must just love looking at them!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a generous gift! They are all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful! Enjoy the lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!