Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Sampling new teas from a tea friend in Canada


Some of you have clearly been much more industrious about getting out the Christmas cards than I have been this year, and oh, I was so happy when I received one from Margaret in Canada! Not only because she so thoughtfully sent me a card but also because it contained samples of two delicious teas I've never tried before, Northern Delights Inuit Herbal Tea and Basilur Frosty Afternoon Ceylon Black Tea!

First I tried the Northern Delights Inuit Herbal Tea. It had a wonderfully rich, sweet taste (without adding any sugar, which I almost never do anymore). In fact, I tried to detect what was responsible for the sweetness. Cinnamon? A wee touch, maybe, but not the main flavor at all. Finally I looked on the company's website and saw that the tea contains a few things I'd never have guessed in a million years: "sarsaparilla roots, fenugreek seeds, cloudberry, cinnamon, carob, roasted maté, natural flavours, roasted barley, grilled dandelion roots." I loved this tea!

And although it says "Frosty Afternoon," I enjoyed this Basilur Pure Ceylon Black Tea in the evening and so enjoyed the surprise of its bright, citrusy taste! (I taste first, guess the flavor last.) The blend is of black loose tea ("grade FBOP from the lower elevations of Ceylon," the website says) and has cornflower, blue cornflower, and the flavors of passionfruit and orange. A lovely treat from a lovely tea friend!

6 comments:

  1. Both of those sound delicious, and what a nice treat to enclose in a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious. Enjoy! You have great friend. Have a Merry Christmas and a Blessed 2017.
    Marilyn and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frosty afternoon please! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both thoses teas are wonderful - as is Margaret, who is my last spring's tea cup generous exchange giver. She is a wonderful and kind friend to have, indeed.

    Happy sipping! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that the two teas were a hit! I thought it was neat that the herbs from the Northern Delights herbal tea came from the Arctic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!