Thursday, July 24, 2014

Teatime with Blueberry Cookies

Guess what fruit is in season at my dad's house. Did you guess blueberries? Why yes, it is indeed blueberry season. How'd you know? I've already made a blueberry cobbler (it prompted my once-a-year purchase of vanilla ice cream), had a blueberry salad, eaten lots of blueberries right out of the fridge, and I got to wondering, can you make cookies with blueberries? I'm not talking dried blueberry cookies but fresh blueberry cookies.

The answer is yes, and I found a wonderful and easy recipe for Brown Sugar Blueberry Cookies at the How Sweet It Is blog. These cookies bake up nice and soft, almost muffin-like in texture, and I love that they contain whole, fresh blueberries. For once I made the recipe exactly as it is written, and the only thing I would add is that I lined my cookie sheets with parchment paper to make the baking a little tidier. Click here for the recipe.

I think cookies (or anything, for that matter) taste better off pretty china, and I recently rediscovered a tea and toast set I had stored in back of a cabinet, a set marked Crown Victorian from Staffordshire, England. It sure makes a teatime snack more enjoyable when it's eaten off pretty teaware, doesn't it!

9 comments:

  1. I love blueberries, and those cookies look so yummy! Of course they look better on pretty china, too. A tea and toast set is the prefect choice for tea and cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with your blueberry cookies, and the presentation is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... these look yummy! Thought you might enjoy my blueberry scone recipe (Posted last year):
    http://therosemaryhouse.blogspot.com/2013/07/blueberry-scones.html The recipe yields 24 scones, so you'll have to invite friends or take them to church on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I would have never imagined making cookies from fresh blueberries, Angela! They look GREAT!

    I have made scones with them a few times - made them look grey, just not appetizing. These cookies you've made look so good.

    And yes, absolutely - pretty china makes everything better. That is a gorgeous set. Keep it out! : - )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Careful Angela you know what happened to Violet Beauregard in Willie Wonka! Lovely presentation, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Angela,
    I brought the next issue of Daphne's Diary at Joanne's tonight. Oh my goodness wait till you see this issue.
    It has a paper punch out to make a paper tea cup.
    Too cute with a few other things about tea.
    Oh and dress barn has the pretty socks with tea pots and tea cups for 2.00
    XXOO
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tea set.
    Love blueberries every way. Love blueberry muffins and have a yummy blueberry coffee cake too. They are just perfect with morning tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love blueberries and those cookies look yummy. I made some blueberry muffins today, since my grandson requested them.

    That tea and toast set is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look good. I may have to make them later this week. I have blueberries in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!