Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Lingonberry Green Ambessa Tea from Harney & Sons

Recently I visited the Fresh Market grocery store in neighboring Peachtree City and decided it was time to try a few new teas, including this Lingonberry Green Ambessa blend from Harney & Sons.

I like the look of the tin, which credits Chef Marcus Samuelsson, who Harney & Sons says has a "passion for world-wide foodways and culinary creativity."

This green tea blend contains Japanese green tea, lingonberries, natural and artificial flavors, and red cornflowers, so the color in the tea sachets is from the red cornflowers. The tea sachets smell great, and the tea itself has a tart, refreshing taste that was just what I was looking for in a new summer tea! Have you tried this blend? If so, what did you think?

10 comments:

  1. I also recently tried this tea and found it very summery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out my local Fresh Market!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela,
    I used to drink tea regularly until I was diagnosed with Rosacea. So your beautiful blog serves as my tea fix now! Besides South Carolina (my favorite state besides my home state of HI), there is also another state where tea plants are being grown. I hope you will write about the tea on the Big Island of Hawaii (Hamakua coast).:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice sounding tea. I love lingonberries when I can find them in a jar, a little daintier to serve than cranberries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed that Harney & Sons were selling a line called Ambessa...but you're the first person I've know who's tried one...Lingonberry always makes me think of Lingonberry jam with Ableskivvers at Danish communities!
    uth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to look for this next time I'm at Fresh Market. Sounds like a good summer tea. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds delicious and perfect for summer. Not liking tart in teas, not sure I will buy it. If the opportunity comes to try it though, I would like to do that as it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried this tea, but it sounds good. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried this tea yet. It does sound good and the tin is very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!