Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A surprise tea gift from a new tea friend!

Usually I tear right into a wrapped gift because I want to find out what's inside, but *occasionally* I receive a gift packaged so prettily that I stop to take a photo before opening it. That was certainly the case with new tea friend Elizabeth Q., whose pretty gift and giftwrapping landed in my mailbox recently! Note all the little details: the teabag tucked inside a paper doily, the embellished flower blossom, the sheer ribbon and the pretty floral paper. I don't always do a good job of giftwrapping myself, but I definitely think the wrapping can be a big part of the gift!

So what was inside? A beautiful card, a vintage crocheted doily and a cute Mary Engelbreit rhinestone teapot! I used the doily almost immediately as an accent when taking this picture.

Here's another photo with more color in the background so the doily design shows up better. It's so fun to receive such great surprises in the mail, especially when they're presented so beautifully. I really need to "up my game" when it comes to sending tea gifts to friends. Do you have any techniques like Elizabeth's that you're willing to share? Any wrapping/embellishing ideas that will add a little package pizzazz? I'm open to suggestions!

12 comments:

  1. I'm not very good at wrapping gifts ( gift bags are my friends) but I will take some tips from this lovely presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprises in the mail are always such fun! And so creatively presented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty wrapping! I am not terribly creative-but a few years ago the Dollar Tree had some adorable little Oriental Themed drawstring purses. I bought several, choosing specific colors for certain people. Then I tucked in a little surprise and gave them at random times. Another time I used the cute little easter hats they sell for children as gift baskets at easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wrapping. Great crocheted doily. The lovely card and tea bag. All such nice gifts. And especially nice because of all the detail in the wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice that you were pleasantly surprised with a package from a tea friend - and so cleverly wrapped too. You deserve it since you're always so generous with give-a-ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very nice surprise indeed, and the package included some pretty tea things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Angela,
    I am so happy you enjoyed your package.
    I am making fabric gift bags today to use to wrap gifts. There are so many cute and easy ways to wrap gift. The best part is they are all simple and don't cost a lot.
    I love sending mailing. I am so afraid we are losing the art of writing letters and sending mail the old fashion way. I am always on the look out for new pen pals.
    Have a blessed day.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. These little treasures are so sweet and also the kitchen towel and pot mitt above are very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always have good intentions for wrapping beautifully, but more often just throw it together. Just a pretty tissue and a string and I am done. Very nice gift. Love the packaging and the gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a lovely surprise gift and the wrapping was very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a thoughtful gift - so glad you took the photo of it, before unwrapping it. I love handcrafted items and the doily is precious!
    Thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!