Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Artwork that suits me to a tea!

A few months ago I enjoyed a creative brainstorming session with my writer and artist friend Katherine. One thing I mentioned was that I needed to order some new, nicer business cards, but that was a back burner project I simply hadn't gotten around to. "I can design you a card!" she said, noting that she was in the process of creating a website for her custom stationery business, and of course I eagerly took her up on the offer. We were both really busy that week, and I didn't give her any direction at all about my card's design, so imagine my surprise when a beautiful watercolor of a teacup and pencil showed up in my e-mail one day! It was artwork Katherine had created just for me, inspired by the teacup pictured on my blog header, and I am absolutely thrilled with my new business cards that came in the mail the other day!

The texture and thickness of these 3 x 3-inch cards is so much nicer than the ones I had been using, and I'm so excited about having these to give to people. I guess what I love most is that these cards show a pencil, which represents my love of writing, and the floral teacup, which represents my love of everything else (a cup of tea with friends, taking time for tea, gardening, loveliness).

I know a few women who've had their own tea-themed business cards (or calling cards) over the years, but I thought I'd let you know about Katherine's work since she is available for custom designs if you should happen to need one. Katherine's website is here if you'd like to see more of her artwork and Paper Goods. It's worth a look even if your stationery drawer is quite happy!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! She did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these and they are perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful business cards. Katharine did a great job of personalizing them specifically for you. I can definitely see why you're so pleased with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how lovely! She did a great job and the card reflects you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like your new business cards.

    Another place I like for business cards is Moo. You can use all your own photos and have a different photo on each card if you would like to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personalized and suit you to a "tea"! Very pretty cards. I can see your happiness! The prettiest business card I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is just lovely!
    What a special friend to make them
    and surprise you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful! Perfect for you! Elegant and not fussy. Well done!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice cards. I like their unique size!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new business card - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!