Thursday, April 24, 2014

Republic of Tea's new HiCaf Caramel Black Tea

A friend recently shared with me this tin of Republic of Tea's new HiCaf Caramel Black Tea. What is HiCaf tea? I'm glad you asked.

This one is a "fine black blended tea with an extra boost of caffeine." According to ROT's website, a serving of premium black tea usually has 50 mg of caffeine, coffee has 100 mg, and this Caramel Black Tea has 123 mg, more than coffee, which of course is not usually the case with tea. ROT says they have "intensified" the caffeine content of this tea by adding "green tea extract and pure caffeine isolated from premium tea leaves."

Caffeine has never been a problem for me, so I was eager to see if the tea would have any effect. I drank it during the day and, to be honest, did not notice I was any more alert than usual. Both *nights* after I drank this tea, however, I felt really wired and I was up till 1 a.m. and 2 a.m. having a creative burst and working on various fiction writing projects. Was the extra caffeine in the tea the reason I couldn't go to sleep? I have no idea, but I can tell you that my first five novels are all coming out next week. (Kidding!) The thing I liked most about the tea, however, is that it has a pleasant caramel taste, so I'm going to keep drinking it—but perhaps a little earlier in the day!

13 comments:

  1. I rely on coffee until about noon, then switch to tea. Now I may be able to delete coffee altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo I need to try this in the morning! Does it come in other flavors?
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the review, as I might have been hesitant to try this. Sounds like a good "morning" tea for me. I usually switch to herbal mixes after about 3 pm, as I do find I am more "wired" at bedtime if I drink caffeine in the evenings. Caramel taste sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am impressed with your creative burst of energy! P.S. I'm sitting at the computer this morning enjoying my morning cuppa in the same mug as your photo! Brings back lots of fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This might make a good mid-afternoon tea. That's when I find my eyelids wanting to droop a little!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting, like the packaging. Not sure I need more caffeine! Sometimes I drink too much during the day and then can't sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds interesting. I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not really interested in that 'extra' caffeine boost, and most certainly don't want to be up until the wee hours of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, yes, it does come in other flavors! Here's a link:

    http://www.republicoftea.com/tea-with-caffeine/c/HICAF/

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I could never drink that, haha.

    As it is I can barely fall asleep but that would put me over the edge for sure.

    Glad you finished your 5 novels.

    Hugs and smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds good, but I think I would skip it. Definitely drink it in the early morning hours.

    ReplyDelete

  12. Graphically, the overall game is practically just like final springs offer of an PSP sport, and not caused by provided place. Gamer facts are the main thing on sound, such as the understand the visual differences towards the system variations with the standard camera angle for the sport. Basically start the particular Sony psp, it is crystal clear much has evolved because the function this past year. Meal plans are exactly the same measures is the identical way football IQ as well as the Concern method is a part of Fifa world cup to the Playstation portable for a long time and it is only a quick display items adjusted.
    Buy FUT Coins

    Cheap 14 Fifa Ultimate Team Coins

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!