Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Scones from Trader Joe's

Usually when I mention the initials "T.J." on this blog I'm referring to T.J. Maxx, but today I have a different kind of T.J. to talk about, Trader Joe's, where I recently found some new scones I had to try!

The ones shown above were made with this new Mixed Berry Scone Mix. All you do is add water, stir and bake for about 15 minutes, and soon you have …

… some very berry scones to eat! Now I don't expect I'll ever find a mix for anything that equals the taste of homemade, but nonetheless these were quite good! I had two with lemon curd for my lunch one day and was very pleased with the light, airy taste and the yummy berry flavors.

I don't often see ready-to-eat scones in stores, with the exception of those tasty little two-bite scones from Whole Foods, so when I saw these Chocolate Chip Scones at Trader Joe's I had to get some of these as well. They actually had the texture of a nice, lightly sweetened roll, not really what I think of as a scone type of texture, but the combination with the chocolate chips was so good I'd probably buy these again. Have you tried scones of either type from Trader Joe's? If so, what did you think?

7 comments:

  1. No, I haven't tried them, but I'll keep my eyes open for them the next time I'm in a Trader Joe's store. Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do not have a Trader Joe's but I will tell you the new glutten free Sticky Fingers scones have been selling at my store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever been to Trader Joe's, but I would certainly want to try those scones if I ever get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added butter and half and half . nuts and xtra berries. Really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not seen the scone mixes at Trader Joe's. They have something neat and new every time I go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The berry scones actually sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These scones look good. I haven't tried either one, but I'll be on the lookout for them. Thanks for the heads up, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!