Monday, November 19, 2012

New tea mugs and glasses

A visit to see my parents, more often than not, means I am going to leave with some new treat. This time, both my parents found goodies for me. My mom found these tea mugs, some with the price stickers still on them, at a yard sale for 25 cents apiece, so she got all four. (I am *such* an amateur shopper when compared with my mom!)

And Daddy was proud to have found another Santa Claus mug to add to my collection. This one, interestingly, says it was "Made in Thailand."

My favorite of the new tea mugs is this chintz one with the swirling handle, and to go in it, I found at T.J. Maxx a box of that delightful Dilmah Peppermint and English Toffee Tea I was so fondly remembering just last week!

My best find of the weekend, though, was a surprise discovery of a dozen amber glasses at a T.J. Maxx in Marietta. I had been trolling my local antique stores in search of old or new amber glasses, any amber glasses at all, and I'd finally given up hopes of finding them in time for this Thanksgiving.

T.J. rarely lets me down, and when I found six each of these two designs, I knew immediately I'd be using them to serve the tea at this year's Thanksgiving meal. Yet another small thing to be thankful for this week!

16 comments:

  1. Your tea mug is gorgeous. Your amber glasses will look gorgeous on your Thanksgiving table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mugs and how lucky you are to find your glasses. I found that Maxx often has just six of something -- so if you want more to have to visit more stores! And I've been known to do that! But I like the mix of the two patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am coming down to go shopping with your mom! She finds such good stuff. Our yard sale season is done here in MASS. Love the mugs, they are so pretty.
    Looked in Home Goods but didn't see the tea but am stopping st Maxx after work tonite.
    I am thankful that I have your blog to read in the morning while I sip my coffee (tea is for the rest of the day). Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am coming down to go shopping with your mom! She finds such good stuff. Our yard sale season is done here in MASS. Love the mugs, they are so pretty.
    Looked in Home Goods but didn't see the tea but am stopping st Maxx after work tonite.
    I am thankful that I have your blog to read in the morning while I sip my coffee (tea is for the rest of the day). Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your new treasures, Angela!

    They're absolutely wonderful- and it is so neat you still have your Mom and Dad and they're out scouring good bargains for you.

    It warms my heart, truly.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Mom and Dad found some great things for you! Love the mugs. And those amber glasses are perfect for your Thanksgiving table, and have the vintage look even though they are new. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Angela
    The mugs look like they might have been part of a boxed set as I've seen in our Royal Doulton store. I too like the pink and blue one best.
    You were lucky it find 12 of the amber glasses and I'll bet your dad was proud as punch to have found you a new Santa mug.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the mugs...the chintz is my favorite too! I have a box of Dilmah Caramel tea I am finishing that I really liked. The amber glasses are wonderful! Great haul on your trip! What a surprise you got a new Santa mug....Lol!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! Lucky you! Great finds by the entire family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, love those amber glasses - and the others, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely your Thanksgiving tablee will be, Angela! The mugs from your mom and dad are keepers too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!!! Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great gifts. I know you will enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot believe somone let those mugs go for 25 cents each!!!! Wow, I would like to follow your mom around. They are so pretty.
    Love that your daddy shops for you too. I have seen those mugs here and there and always thought of you from your previous Christmas posts. If I could wiggle my nose to get them to you, I would have.
    Gold glasses will glow beautifully on the table with candlelight.
    Happy Thanksgiving, off to Louisiana to celebrate ours.
    Ruthie from: Lady B"s

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the amber glasses, the Santa mug, and the mugs your mom found too. Lucky, lucky you. Everytime I see a Santa mug I think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOw, I csn't believe your Mom got such a good bargain on those tea mugs. They are really beautiful!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!