Thursday, November 29, 2012

A puzzling new gift

Money man Dave Ramsey was on TV the other morning talking about how "re-gifting" is OK, but "me-gifting" is not. Well, theoretically I agree with him that we don't need to buy ourselves gifts while we're out Christmas shopping. But Dave, I had been *wanting* this pretty teacup puzzle and I had a 40 percent off coupon at Hobby Lobby!

Dave would probably be puzzled at my logic here, but I decided this was not just a puzzle. It's a post-Christmas, we-get-lots-of-time-off-from-work fun game for my husband and me after the holidays, and then it will become artwork. So really it's home decor and not merely a gift for myself. (Pretty good, huh!) And a tip if you want one of these for yourself: This puzzle is regularly $12.99, but again, you can use the 40 percent off coupon in the newspaper and save several dollars. I noticed the exact same puzzle is $15.95 at Barnes and Noble.

Even though I won't start on this for a while, I was curious to find out what size the puzzle pieces are. They're pretty small, so I hope the DH is good at working puzzles!

10 comments:

  1. Looking at the picture on the box, that puzzle will be a challenge to do but if you have help, it could be fun.
    I've not heard the term me-gifting, but I'll bet it happens all the time!
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally disagree with Mr. Ramsey in this case, just because of things like this - you've been wanting this puzzle, you found it at a good price, and you can get it at 40% off - so do it! Obviously you aren't spending your mortgage payment money on it, but the time to buy things you want is when you find a good deal on them! That puzzle will be lots of fun and what a great subject it has. Enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I see something that I absolutely love while Christmas shopping I give myself permission! Now I know the term is me- gifting. Life is short, we all deserve a treat from time to time. You will have such fun putting it together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I wish you luck tackling that beast of a puzzle! Enjoy and never mind Dave :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally understood logic! That's a perfect puzzle for a tea lover...how could you possibly pass it up????
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. This puzzle is wonderful . . . and I see nothing wrong with giving yourself a gift now and then. Especially when you have a 40% off coupon :)
    I too am a collector of tea cups and tea pots. For seven years I have hostessed a Mother's Day tea at a local assisted living building . . . that is what started my collecting habit.
    I am your newest follower and I would be delighted if you would choose to follow me back. I adore making new friends.
    I'm a retired gal who is enjoying each and every day the good Lord sends by way.
    Your newest blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun puzzling! This one looks like a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great deal on the puzzle, Angela! And though I am a big fan of Dave Ramsey's, (in this case: with the coupon AND the fact it will serve as a home-decor item, I think even Dave would approve!) Enjoy your puzzle,
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!