Saturday, November 19, 2011

Tea Sandwich Saturday #47 - Cranberry Pecan

A few weeks ago when I wrote about finding that Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Spice Swirl Bread, a reader named Marie noted that they also have Cranberry Swirl Bread near the holidays, so I've been on the lookout and the bread has arrived at my local Publix.

To go on it, I decided to make an easy spread that would make a nice sweet type of tea sandwich suitable for serving at a Christmas tea party I'm planning. This recipe really couldn't be any simpler: cream cheese, dried cranberries, pecans. (And Swirl Bread.) That's it.

I made triangle-shaped tea sandwiches, but this bread is so pretty (and tasty!), I think it would look nice in any shape you decided to use. The spread ends up being a soft pink shade, and you can clearly see pieces of the cranberries and pecans, which I think play nicely against the Swirl design of the cranberry bread.

Cranberry Pecan Spread

1 (8-ounce) block of cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
2 tablespoons pecans, chopped

Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until mixture has a light, whipped texture. Yields 1 cup of spread.

12 comments:

  1. What a great Christmas tea sandwich! I can taste them this morning! Sigh . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to find and enjoy the cranberry swirl bread.It is yummy- great with with chicken salad for a sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neither had showed up here in the upper extreme west of the US yet...we are always late...if at all! Oh well..I can drool over yours!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make a variation of this that includes chopped apricots, too. It's wonderful, and I can imagine the cranberry bread is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! Looks so festive. I will try it as soon as I find the bread. I think I'll ass a little orange marmalade or orange zest to the cream cheese mixture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yummmo! This looks pretty and sounds good. Now I am wondering where I would find that bread, as I don't usually see Pepperidge Farm bread in the markets I shop in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely fall sandwich. I've never seen this bread before, I'll have to look for it next time I'm at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, those look delicious! I've not seen either one of those bread flavors in our stores, but I'll keep an eye out. My favorite is their Soft Oatmeal bread.
    Thanks for sharing with us!
    Love, Carol B.

    P.S. I did find one cup and saucer (it could be a coffee cup with saucer) Christmas ornament at the Cracker Barrel yesterday.

    It had a single large poinsettia bloom on the front and the word Peace on the inside. Pretty!

    There was also a teapot (or it may have been a coffee pot - it's shape was tall and narrow) in the same pattern/color. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Angela, these look so delicious! What a great idea for this time of year, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. These, and your other tea sandwich ideas sound great! I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These, and the other tea sandwiches sound great! I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!