Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Some delightful new artwork


Blog friend Gerri recently told me about some new tea-themed artwork she'd seen, and I was prompted to look for some similar new artwork for myself!

So last night after work, I headed to a local gallery where I suspected some of this new artwork might be on display.

And I was right! The soft, watercolor effect was even prettier than I'd imagined! The teapot and teacups on a pretty cafe table made such a lovely, soothing scene.

If only the artist had titled it "Teatime" instead of "Espresso."

But then when you go to the "Publix" gallery for your artwork, I suppose that's just a risk you take!

10 comments:

parTea lady said...

Cute. I started out thinking, my goodness the artist must have used a really textured paper. And, I wonder why the color is so muted.

Like you, I'm always finding things that look like a tea theme, but they say coffee or java or expresso. I'll look for these pretty towels next time I'm shopping.

belinda said...

Funny-you had me going!!

Gwendol Bowling said...

What a set-up! You have made my day! The pure utter joy of the small things of life that you share...what a gift you have, Angela!

Hootie said...

Funny! I loved this posting!

I must admit, when it comes to paper towels, I can only buy plain white! That's my obsession! My kids think I am nuts. :)

Gerri said...

Too funny! I was thinking, "Geez, I better look over my sent mail to see what I emailed her about".
We don't have that Viva pattern in my area (I looked) but Brawny has a great one that works well with my very informal, vintage kitchen.
Thanks for the laugh this morning!!

Cynda P said...

Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Too cute, Angela! You really got me on this one...you definitely have a gift for the art of surprise and for sharing knowledge, in an interesting way. Thanks again and have a great day, Joanie

Ginger said...

Ha Ha. I'll have to look for those next time I'm grocery shopping.

Steph said...

Oh, that's clever!

Kat said...

George and I love it!!!