Monday, July 6, 2009

An extra special "Tea Time" gift

Last week I was off work so that I could finish up another writing project I'd been working on, but I also set aside time later in the week to catch up with some friends. One of these was my fellow tea blogger and friend Maureen Rogers, whom many of us know as ParTea Lady. Maureen and I have met face-to-face twice before this year (both times at Heritage Quilts in Newnan), but this time we met for some shopping and lunching at Collector's Corner in Sharpsburg. To my surprise and delight, she showed up with this beautiful Tea Time sampler cross-stitched for me by her husband!

Can you believe that ParTea Gentleman went to this much trouble for a friend of his wife? Mercy me! I am a former cross-stitcher myself, so I KNOW how much time this took. With cross-stitch it seemed to take forever for me to make any progress, so I've gotten rid of all my cross-stitch supplies over the past few years. Every stitched "x" on this piece is so meaningful to me!

Check out the handle on this teacup, where he used gold metallic thread. Boy, was that stuff a pain to use back in the day! Once I *finally* got it threaded onto the needle, I would inevitably tug too hard and break it, so I'm glad to see *this* needle artist doesn't have that problem! I am just so humbled every time I look at this piece to think of the kindness of the givers -- and to be reminded of the very real-life connections we can make through something as simple as a tea blog!

12 comments:

  1. What a special gift. That is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW! This gentleman could certainly be a fantastic surgeon who *never* would even consider letting another doctor do his closing surgery!

    Beautiful piece, fabulous shadings, and wonderful mix of materials! And what about that frame? Who do you suppose made that?

    Just where are you going to place this magnificent work of art?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind comments, Angela. Don is so pleased that you appreciate his work and I'm so glad we met through your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally lovely embroidery and what a thoughtful gift. How fun to get together with parTealady, Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Par Tea Gentleman is one TEA-riffic guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it' lovely! What a special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely and thoughtful tea time gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! What a lovely gift. As a former cross stitcher I too know how much time and effort went into this beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a former cross-stitcher, too, Angela and like you, KNOW the amount of time that ParTeaLady's talented husband put into that! What a neat pressie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely! How sweet and thoughtful! I used to cross stitch alot and the time put into these is incredible. Wow--what a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a "giving" gift! Beautiful! I know you will cherish it for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!