Thursday, June 26, 2008

Time to play (teabag?) tag!




Yesterday I received a comment from Marilyn Miller of Marmalady's in Portland, Oregon, whose wonderful tea jams and jellies I have written about on this blog before. She is also a new blogger and was letting me know I've been "tagged." (And isn't there something very appropriate about a tea lover being tagged?)

Do you know what it means to be tagged? Here are the instructions as provided by Marilyn:

"The rules of the game: Each player answers the questions themselves. At the end of the post the player tags 4 people and posts their names, and goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment letting them know that they've been tagged asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answers."

So, here we go:

10 years ago
~ I was working as the lifestyle editor of The Times-Herald, a daily newspaper in Newnan, Ga. Even then, I enjoyed *almost* everything about my job. But I have to admit that when we bought this magazine and I got to be the editor, I was delighted that I would never, ever have to work with an overbearing mother of the bride on her daughter's wedding announcement ever again.

5 things on my list today ~ 1) Write cutlines for "Web Extra" photos going up on our website when our new print magazine hits the streets tomorrow. 2) Search for new tea book I left at the office. 3) Meet with one of our freelance writers to finalize story ideas for the September/October issue. 4) Call the friend whose phone call I forgot to return until it was too late last night. 5) Tonight, remember to check the eBay bid on that gorgeous vintage rhinestone bracelet I've been watching for the past week.

Snacks I enjoy ~ M&M's, occasionally Fritos and French Onion Dip, any Cucumber Cream and/or chocolate truffles left over from a tea party, and lately I'm into the new herb-flavored whole-wheat crackers.

Things I would do if I were a millionaire ~ Build that house in the country my husband and I want with a huge, well-stocked pond and individually-outfitted writing cottages for both of us. (His would be more masculine, mine would double as a tea house for friends.) I would also hire the brightest and best writers, photographers and designers I could find and launch a new, nationally-distributed women's magazine for thoughtful women of all ages with an appreciation for history, the arts, literature, homemaking, gardening and beauty in all its forms.

Places I have lived ~ Austell, Ga.; Buchanan, Ga.; Carrollton, Ga.; Newnan, Ga.

You have now been tagged:

Rhonda, The Path to Simplicity
Kathy, The Empty Nest
Rebecca, Better Make It Through Today
Nichole, Mommy Days

4 comments:

  1. I love the way you worked tea bag tags into this game -- very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are so creative! Love the tea bags! I've also been recently tagged by Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever use of teabags for a fun game of internet tag!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!