Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tag! You're it!


Today I come to ask your help. A reader who is an artist (and very attuned to the visual side of paper) tells me she recalls once seeing some tea bags with larger than usual, decorative tags. When she mentioned this it did ring the vaguest of bells with me. Any idea who made these teas with decorative tags? She thinks they were once featured in one of the original issues of Victoria magazine. I checked out some of my current tea bag tags by ripping open packets from Numi, Twinings (the tear-off-the-packet kind of tag; I really don't like this type) and Bigelow. And yes, it's possible to tear off the old one and make your own tag to staple to the thread, but ... we want to find those pretty ones that are already out there!


While not exactly "decorative," this raspberry tea a friend brought me from the Czech Republic last year does have a teacup on the tag.

And of course the loveliest tea bag tags around right now, I say, are the Tea Forté tea bag tags, but what we're looking for are traditional flat tea bags with large, decorative tags. Can anyone help? I'll be looking through those old issues of Victoria, but if you have any info on unusual tea bag tags, please share!

2 comments:

  1. I can't think of a decorative tea tag offhand, but I will be on the lookout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks~~my new Tea friends,
    talk about needle in haystack!:)

    i love stopping by.
    and i'm learning all the time xo

    ~connie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!