Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Strictly Strawberries


"Strawberry Shortcake, Huckleberry Pie! V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!" Anybody remember that old cheer? The flavor of these summer fruits is just so yummy, and since I don't grow strawberries I yielded to their siren call at the grocery store. The packages of shortcakes were just sitting there staring us shoppers in the face as we walked in, and although you all surely know I Much Prefer To Make It Myself, this is one of those times where I just wanted to eat it, not make it. So, I am thankful for the small mercies of ready-made shortcakes and low-fat (if frozen and not quite pretty enough for company) whipped cream.

But did I get my fill of strawberries? Oh, no. In fact, I was delighted to see this Snapple Strawberry White Tea at the grocery store because it's another, even easier way to enjoy the taste of strawberries.

I'm still into "refrigerator brewing" my tea this summer, so I made a small pitcher full to keep on hand. I also tried it hot, and it is delicious that way as well. Strawberries and cream, anyone?

9 comments:

  1. Very nice. Where did you find the Snapple Strawberry Tea? Did you happen to notice if there was Peach flavored? Is it premade or instant or do you brew?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa! (Love your daughter's wedding photo, by the way. Gorgeous!)

    I found this tea at the Thomas Crossroads Kroger. And since my eye went straight to the strawberry flavor, I'm sorry to say I didn't notice the "neighbor" flavors, but I do remember noticing on the box that Snapple has this in peach, so might be worth a look!

    Oh, and it's just regular, brew-able teabags! (2-3 minutes steeping time, it said.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy and the pretty plate really makes the presentation. Shortcakes would be perfect for hubby's birthday dinner this weekend.

    I think I'll try your refrigerator brewing method with some Mango Ginger White Tea (Zhena's Gypsy Tea brand) that I bought recently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delicious! Strawberry shortcake is one of my all time favorite desserts. Beautiful photography, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so delicious! Strawberry shortcake is one of my all time favorite desserts. Beautiful photography, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi angela..
    this looks so yum!
    I may have been channeling my new Tea friends,
    i taught a class on Sunday called
    "the ART of TEA".
    we had fun, and the book
    is a nice keepsake for tea lovers
    and collage lovers. :)
    ~cgs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, CGS, I wish I could have taken your class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the info on the Tea. I will look for it. And thanks for the photo compliment. I've been trying to post new ones each week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strawberry shortcake, huckleberry pie,
    V i C T O R Y
    Are we in it, Well I guess
    Castlegar, Castlegar, yes, yes, yes.

    I was a cheerleader years ago in Castlegar, B.C. and that was one of our cheers.

    Celia R.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!