Monday, April 28, 2008

Fashion & the tea lover


Are any of you members of e-rewards.com? I don't even remember how I got invited to join, but by answering a few of their surveys every now and then, I have earned quite a few free magazine subscriptions. The titles are some good ones, too: Newsweek, Hallmark, Interview, This Old House, Smithsonian, and even the fashion magazine Harper's Bazaar, of which I am not, ahem, a typical reader. Though I have enjoyed reading the celebrity stories, I can hardly see myself ever wearing some of Harper's Bazaar's, well, rather bizarre fashions. But amazingly enough, I actually went out and bought an item I saw in the current issue. I'll let you guess which one it was.

Was it ... the Dior Haute Couture gown inspired by a Gustav Klimt painting? (I did think it was kinda neat they used Julianne Moore to recreate the painting.)

Was it ... the $1,095 jeweled sandals from Yves Saint Laurent? (I would actually like these if the heel was 2 inches or under.)

Or was it ... the Organix Reviving White Tea Grapeseed Shampoo shown in this ad?

I'm sure I don't have to tell you which one it was! But I do have to tell you that at the local Walgreens, the conditioner came with a rebate coupon so you can get a refund of the $6.99 purchase price. That will come in handy if you ever want to do any shopping in Harper's Bazaar! (And yes, I do like the shampoo and conditioner. The scent is great, and they left my hair feeling very soft and manageable.)

3 comments:

parTea lady said...

Ah, yes, life in the fab lane. Well, I don't think I'll be doing any shopping at Harper's Bazaar myself, but I may just head over to Walgreens and check out the Organix hair products. Thanks for a little humour to start the day off right.

Steph said...

Hee hee! Very clever post!

Thrifty Miss Priss said...

I might have to run down to Walgreens and get some of this! Word of mouth is certainly the best advertising! Thank you for stopping by to visit me today!