Thursday, December 6, 2007

New teacup, teapot fabrics


Living in the overly dry Southeast, I can't say I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, but I *am* keeping my fingers crossed for a good snow or ice storm this winter that will keep me stranded at home for a few days. There are just too many craft projects I'd like to get going on, and finding new teacup prints at Hobby Lobby didn't help the backlog.


The pink print is Rose Garden Tea by Ro Gregg for Northcott fabrics. Isn't this gorgeous? It was 25 percent off, so I got two yards so I'd have a decent piece to plan a quilt around.


Pastels are my favorite, but when I see whimsical teapot prints in bright colors, I like to get a small cut of that, too. This red print is by Mary Engelbreit, and though I can't find a name for the design, it's a 2006 print from Cranston. This will get added to the small but growing stash of brightly colored designs that will one day became teacup and teapot blocks in a colorful quilt.

3 comments:

  1. I was just oohing and aahing over these at Hobby Lobby, myself! :-)

    Thank you for the comment on my blog about the politics of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What adorable fabric. Maybe one day I will learn to sew! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting for these to go OFF sale so I could use a 40% coupon, but I don't think it's going to happen. So I bought some of both this week. Am planning a table cloth around the pink one. Will post a blog when it's ready. "-) Thank you for clueing me in. These are just gorgeous. Don't yet know what I'll do with the red....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!