Friday, April 5, 2024

"Women with coffee or tea"


I do love a good vintage photo, and this week, I came across a real gem on the Library of Congress website. It's titled "Women with coffee or tea," and I'm saying it's tea because those sure look like sugar tongs that the lady on the left is using, and I think you're more likely to use those with tea than coffee.

I don't know what charms me most here: the tea urn, the crocheted tablecloth, the ladies' dresses and hats, or the teacups.

What do you notice?

6 comments:

  1. Those black gloves stand out to me. I’m so glad we don’t have to wear gloves these days unless we need to keep our hands warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had tea from silver pots and found I did not enjoy the flavor. A good China pot is best for me. And I noticed those gloves also. Always wear a hat to tea. Lots has changed, but, we still love our tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought was, "Those are awfully tiny cups!" They look more like demitasse cups than teacups to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed the black gloves. I think they are drinking tea too. The cups look smaller than a normal teacup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the gloves looked very bulky...more like winter outdoor gloves than the kind you would wear for tea! Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun find. Love seeing their outfits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!