Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Tea gifts for grammar nerds


I was expecting several packages to arrive yesterday, including some vintage Christmas tea-and-toast sets that I am eager to receive, but the big box outside the door last night didn't contain them as I'd expected. Instead, it was a totally unexpected gift from a writer friend who lives in the North Georgia Mountains, and I can only wonder where she shops, because these were things I absolutely would've wanted had I known about them.


Check out this tea towel with proofreaders' marks! What a clever idea for a tea towel. There's also a fun game featuring "Dreyer's English," which also happens to be the name of the fun book I read a while back by Benjamin Dreyer, the copy chief of Random House. It was definitely enjoyable reading for grammar geeks, so I know the game will be a fun one for Alex and me. (Hoping I'll win!)


But this mug, y'all. I've seen mugs about the Oxford comma but never one with "Tea, Novels, and Oxford commas." That's one of the best mugs I've ever seen! (And I would like to report that I have not set foot in a store in four days. Yippee! I'm happy to stay home and read and drink tea!)

3 comments:

  1. I love the mug! I think I need to print that picture of the proofreader's marks, as I have done plenty of proofreading but never learned the marks. :-) Those are all great gifts and perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are really neat gifts from your friend! I admit to being a grammar nerd myself, and I'm a big proponent of the Oxford comma, so I'll have to get myself one of those mugs. I'll also be looking for the "Dreyer's English" book. Good luck in beating Alex in the game!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!