Wednesday, December 15, 2021

A tea-themed desktop Christmas tree


It dawned on me that I might enjoy my fourteen-inch-tall tea-themed tinsel tree even more on the desk where I actually spend many of my waking hours, so this year, it’s displayed to the left of my computer, and I must say I’m liking it here—and haven’t knocked it off so far (knock on wood). When I pause during my workday to consider something that I’m writing or editing, I find myself staring at the tiny ornaments and “seeing” them even more.


Last year, I added this Twirling Teapot from Hallmark, and I guess I still have an inner child because I do indeed twirl the knob and watch the mice twirling on their teacup ride.


And I believe it was tea friend Michele who informed me last year that other tiny teapot ornaments were for sale on eBay, and that’s where I got this one. The whole thing is just about an inch tall!


Now, I have to make up rules for myself when it comes to collecting. I vowed last year that I wouldn’t go nuts and buy every mini ornament on eBay. Instead, I would look for them on my usual thrift store and antique store jaunts. Well, I found nary a one this year, so I gave myself permission to buy one on eBay, and I got this little silver teapot from 2004.

Here it is on the tree!


And if you have a tabletop tree as well, you might like to know that I found the cute little pink, gold, and white ornaments …

For just $3 a box at Target. Do any of you have a miniature tabletop tree? If so, where do you display yours? I read about someone who had a tabletop tree in the bathroom, but I don't think I'm going there just yet!

8 comments:

  1. That's a great idea to put that tabletop tree on your desk, where you can enjoy it more (and twirl the little teacup mice!). If I had a Christmas tree on my desk, I definitely would have knocked it over by now! Good luck with yours. Your new-to-you silver teapot is so cute! That was an excellent acquisition. I don't have a tabletop tree, but I have thought about it. Maybe I'll get one for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a tabletop "tea" tree this year. I posted a picture on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a tabletop tree that I’ve had since college. My children alternate keeping it in their rooms on their desk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great place to move it, Angela. And your tree and new gift to yourself ornament looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My tabletop "tea" tree is bigger than this (and full of ornaments) but I just got a smaller one so I may move some of the smaller ornaments to it, once I decide where to put it. Yours is perfect for your desk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little tree is so darling and makes us so happy. One can never have to many decorations - that's the way to live. This however, is forgotten when it comes time to move and then it's "what was I thinking?"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your little tea tree. I have decorations, but I must have taken the tree to Goodwill. Now why did I do that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!