Wednesday, June 26, 2019

The perfect thank-you gift …

Getting to enjoy Afternoon Tea in Senoia on Sunday was a privilege and an honor, as always, and yet they sent me home with a cute little silver pot that I could see had tea bags and some other goodies inside. There was some dip mix, a spice-scented mug mat (I love those!), and while I could see that there was possibly a teacup inside, I couldn't quite tell the design.

And it was this lovely teacup in a charming pastel pink!

Pink teacups with roses on them will always be among my favorites.

And I like how the design is at the center of both the teacup and the saucer.

The teacup is by Collingwoods Bone China in England, and I was surprised that this was a new name in tea wares for me. Are any of you familiar with Collingwoods? From my cursory online research, it appears that this company was in business from the late 1800s through the late 1950s. I love the pretty color and design of this obviously vintage teacup, as well as the fancy scalloped gilding, but mostly I love that it's a memento from my friends in Senoia, the perfect way for me to remember their Afternoon Tea of 2019!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a beautiful teacup! Such a thoughtful gift from your friends at Senoia!
    I am not familiar with Collingwoods Bone China, either, but now I will remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cup and saucer. That company is new to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How thoughtful! And I love the teacup and saucer. Pink is one of my favorite colors for teaware. I've never heard of Collingwoods, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty teacup. It is one I would love too. A very thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!