Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Suggestions wanted for Christmas teas

The other night, it dawned on me that for the first time since I became a true fan of tea, I no longer live within driving distance of a tea shop where I can go to sniff and taste new teas. Isn't that sad? There used to be a great tea shop just a few miles up the road in Peachtree City called Teafusions, but it closed. And there used to be Teavana shops all over metro Atlanta, but they're now closed. So it has occurred to me that until scratch-and-sniff technology makes it way to the internet, I'll be ordering by mail or finding my teas at the grocery store. In past years, I have enjoyed Christmas blends including the Candy Cane Lane Green Tea from Celestial Seasonings (a favorite), Christmas Tea from Twinings, and Holiday Chai from Republic of Tea.

I've also enjoyed the Holiday Tea and White Christmas Tea from Harney & Sons, which I assume I'll still be able to find at my local Barnes & Noble.

But now I'm thinking I may need to plan a day trip to somewhere in Georgia with a true tea shop just so I can *experience* the teas in person. Meanwhile, do you have any new Christmas blends you can recommend? The minute Thanksgiving passes, my taste buds will switch from pumpkin spice to peppermint, so any minty blends are especially welcome!



13 comments:

  1. Republic of Tea's "Comfort and Joy" is wonderful! They send a sample in their fall catalogue, and I admit I was skeptical. But it was absolutely delightful. I've got a sample of their "The Nutcracker" tea (themed from the movie) coming -- it's ginger plum and sounded rather yummy! I love H&S's Holiday Tea -- a classic in my purview! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stash loose teas, Christmas Eve, an herbal blend and Christmas Morning, black tea blend. Both are very good. The Christmas Eve is a beautiful color. Judy Trapp

    ReplyDelete
  3. World Market has a tea advent calendar. It has twelve different teas, two of each. I sent you a picture. It is from the English Tea Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last year after Christmas, I found Republic of Tea's Peppermint Bark at World Market for half-price. It is organic green rooibos, organic peppermint, vanilla & cocoa. It was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plum Deluxe just released their holiday teas. They sound delicious. Otherwise, I'm Harney fan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've enjoyed Republic of Tea's Downton Abbey Christmas tea in other years, but now I’m “off” caffiene so I’m enjoying some herbal/peppermint blends. The “Comfort and Joy” tea mentioned in another comment is another favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I havent tried the tea yet but for those of us who love Hallmark Christmas movies, World Market has "Hallmark "Countdown to Christmas" tea. It is by Republic of Tea and is Cinnamon and Cardeman.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to suggest The de Noel by Compagnie Coloniale. I still have a tiny bit from a past year and it is very Christmasy. However, I bought it on Amazon and they don't have it this year. Sad! Another is MARIAGE FRERES. Esprit De Noel Tea. It is very Christmasy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't found any new Tea's lately. But, you have shown me some that I will be keeping my eye's open for when out shopping. That Christmas Tea looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmm....also, my daughter got me the Christmas countdown/advent tea from Simpson & Vail. There are 24(?) sampler teas (2 - 3 servings) to try, all of them Christmas themed! Should be a fun month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As near as I can tell the closest Trader Joe's to you is in Atlanta, but they have a great seasonal "Winter Wake Up Tea" - dark blue box - 20 tea bags - spicy black tea with cinnamon and ginger, orange peels, licorice, cloves, and "natural flavors". It's very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I already commented, but Smith Teamaker has just come out with two Christmas teas that both sound intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. all those Christmas teas are wonderful suggestions, I always have to have the candy lane tea

    Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!