Thursday, October 18, 2007

Long live linens!


If you're like me, you can't resist going through the cast-off linens at antique stores and flea markets. As an almost lifelong needleworker, I find it a tad sad that someone went to all that trouble to stitch or hook this pretty item which some relative then tossed aside so casually. Fortunately, there are those who love linens (my friend "The Lace Lady" comes to mind), and so these treasures get rescued. If you're a tea lover, you can't have too many of them, either. Linens cover the table, decorate the shelves of cabinets, soften a display of teapots ... the list goes on and on. And so the pretty treasure above, a recent find, is waiting to be called into service in the tea world.


But there is the issue of what to do when there's a bit of a stain. Or at least that used to be a question. For several years now, I've been using LeBlanc Linen Wash, and I am now a devotee of this pleasantly-scented, fast-working product. I've spilled or dripped tea on linens plenty of times, and this always, always works at removing the stains.


Periodically I take a trip to the Wynn House in downtown Newnan for this Linen Wash, and last week I was all out and had to get another bottle. Naturally, I had to visit the clearance corner upstairs at this beautifully renovated old house. Finally! Those invitations I'd been admiring for quite some time were 75% off. They'll be used to invite guests to my next tea. And if the guests spill a drop or two, no problem. We're all set to return our linens to a state of grace!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!