Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tea in Texas Magazine



I'd heard of Tea in Texas magazine before the World Tea Expo but had never seen a copy until then, and since receiving the Summer 2007 issue I've enjoyed reading about the tea goings-on in Texas. In fact, since my brother-in-law is a native Texan, I may have to hand this magazine over to my sister since she visits the Lone Star State periodically.

While somewhat slim (40 pages), this magazine is a full-size, glossy color publication, and I'm impressed there are enough tearooms and tea businesses in Texas to support it. The tea calendar alone tells me that tea is big in Texas: local events include an iced tea contest, a tea exhibit at the Barbara Bush Library, a tea fundraiser and a tea conference. There is an article on taking tea in Dallas, a page of tips on sprucing up your iced tea, and an article on Indian teas.

The magazine appears to be well-supported with advertising, and if I lived in Texas I would have to subscribe because of all the tea-related information. (As it is, I don't really want to torture myself by reading about events I can't go to!) But if you're a tea-loving Texan, you may want to take a look at this publication. A year's subscription is $12 (four quarterly issues), and you can find more info at teaintexas.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!