Monday, April 24, 2017

A beautiful gift … and a fabric that even Veruca Salt couldn't find!



Recently I mentioned that I had received a lovely gift bag as a thank-you gift for being a judge for the hat contest at the Senoia Area Historical Society's spring tea. I got to select from three fabric gift bags, all with lovely tea-themed prints, and I immediately chose this one with the teacups, handwriting, and aqua blue fabric. It was calling my name!

Here's a close-up of the fabric. Isn't this yummy? As soon as I got home, I was typing in all the key words I could think of and soon determined that this was a line of fabrics by Susan Winget for Jo-Ann craft stores. Yay! We had a Jo-Ann! I would go there and nab a few yards! Only … it appears this fabric must have been out a while, as there's no longer any at my Jo-Ann store, it's sold out at Jo-Ann online, and although I've found some companion prints, I haven't even been able to find this print on eBay. And this would be so perfect in a wall hanging or something simple in my dining room. I felt a bit like the original Miss I-Want-It-Now, Veruca Salt, whom middle-aged gals like me will remember. (Click here if you need a refresher.) Ah, well…

I was so excited about my beautiful fabric bag that I almost forgot to mention the terrific treats inside, including a huge bottle of this delicious-smelling Oriox Green Tea Lotion made with camellia sinensis leaf extract…

And a cute Christmas mini tea tote, teas and mug mat. I love these designs!

But oh, this fabric! Here's the other side of the bag, and you'll note the vintage drawings of teacups at bottom right, one used as a pincushion and one with a little bird visiting. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some overeager seamstress purchased an extra yard or two and will have it on eBay soon!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, what pretty fabric, and it is indeed perfect for you. If I ever see any more of it, I'll snatch it up for you. And the gifts inside were also very special. Love the Christmas design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word that is sooooooooooooooooooooooo cute. Teacups, vintage looking with birdies????????????????? Be still my heart, and I am with ya on that spoiled whiny VS - she was something else wasn't she? : - )

    Love your treasures- they're perfectly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - love the fabric! I will check our Joanne's for a yard or two and let you know! You never know.......it's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already got one yard coming, but if you see some more, I'd love to know! Thanks so much for offering to check!

      Delete
  4. That really is lovely fabric! The tea tote with the cardinal nesting on the teapot is also extremely cute. I recognize the design as being from the Alice's Cottage company--it has many beautiful tote bags and kitchen textiles
    with charming illustrations of birds and plants, and many are tea-themed (like tea cozies). All their products are made in the USA, and I highly recommend checking out their website (alicescottage.com). I have loved their items for years, and often buy them for myself or for gifts.
    --from Vernona in DC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that fabric. I'll look for it next time I am at Joann. If I find it I'll get some for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ginger! Someone with an extra yard has already offered to send it to me, so I'm less desperate than I was 24 hours ago! :)

      Delete
  6. Yes, great fabric, I see why you zoomed in on that gift bag. I hope someone finds some for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All fabulous items! I purchased a couple of her tea towels & canvas art last year at JoAnn's. Really sweet designs.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think some of this fabric would make a wonderful wall hanging. The treats inside are nice too, love the cardinal bag - you have a teapot with a cardinal don't you? I tried to get it and ended up with only the matching teacups but that's OK>

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, that bag is you for sure! Hope you find some of the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fingers crossed - that is great fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!