Saturday, July 12, 2014

Tea Room Postcard #28 -- Moran House, Beauty Parlor and Kosey Korner Tea Room (Deposit, N.Y.)

Several years ago, my husband and I were in a small town a few hours north of home when we noticed a sign for So-and-So's Hair Salon and Bakery. Now that just struck me as so very wrong, because it at least looked like the two businesses were in the same spot. I couldn't help remembering that place when I came upon this old postcard for the Moran House, Beauty Parlor and Kosey Korner Tea Room in Deposit, N.Y. I learned from a little online research that the Moran House was one of the town's two hotels. Now as long as the beauty parlor and tea room were in different buildings or even different rooms of the house, having both businesses close by could have actually been a nice feature. I don't know about you, but I think it would be just lovely to get a haircut and then pop next door for tea looking stylish!

The card is postally unused so I don't know the era, but I did find it interesting that the upper right corner says, "Place one cent stamp here - Five cents to anywhere in U.S. via Airmail." Wish I could send something anywhere in the U.S. for five cents today!

3 comments:

  1. That does indeed look like a Kosey Korner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this postcard! That would be nice to get your hair done and then have lunch nearby. The buildings look nice - like the columns and the awnings. Hope you have a great weekend, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A salon and a tearoom definitely could be nice for ladies that lunch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!