Friday, July 25, 2014

Daphne's Diary magazine Number 4, 2014

The new issue of Daphne's Diary magazine landed in my mailbox the other day, and this one is especially wonderful for those of us who love teatime!

The papercrafts pages this time include punch-out images for making a paper teacup, about as easy a tea craft as you could hope to find. I'm leaving mine intact until I get ready to actually use the paper teacup for a tea event.

And the featured artists in this issue include Beccy Ridsdel, an English artist whose unusual artwork explores the "hidden layers" of porcelain. "I wanted to focus people's attention on the hidden beauty in all sorts of different things," she says. "And to remind them to look beyond the surface." You can visit her shop here to see more of her art. I ordered this issue of Daphne's Diary from a magazine company in the UK, by the way, but there were some, shall we say, "complications." I'm unable to recommend the company at this time, so I'll be back to searching Barnes and Noble stores for the next issue. Daphne's Diary is definitely worth the search, though, and this issue is one of the best yet!

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty little magazine. Sometimes, your grocery store can "special order" food items and call you when they come in. Do you suppose they could get you in touch with whoever their magazine contractor is? Good luck. Maybe the actual publisher has an international subscription service. Try their public relations or advertising department. Why would they want to turn down an opportunity to see rave reviews on and international platform? (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to see if our book store has the magazine on-line.
    By the way, I just finished Moonrise on my ereader, a book you recommended and I couldn't put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very interesting and pretty publication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From your first post where you introduced us to this extremely delightful magazine I was sold on it; however with a fixed budget I will have to be one of those contented to view the pages through your most enjoyable blog posts. It is as you said Angela, a copy to be tresured. I have never seen a hard copy of this magazine but will be on the lookout since you were so gracious to share this copy with us. I would truly treasure, as you said, the issue that tells all about tea things. Love this post.
    Sylvia Faye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a nice magazine. I will check Barnes and Nobles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I have calculated it correctly, it should be in Barnes and Noble around September. The website hasn't made issue 4 available to buy and amazon doesn't have it. Christy in Tulsa.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!