Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A tea packaging solution I love

Have you ever wanted an easy solution for sharing some loose leaf tea with a friend? Well, I found it over the weekend at Ollie's Bargain Outlet in Carrollton! An Ollie's opened in my town a few months ago, but now I tend to shop the one in Carrollton when I'm off with my Aunt Jane since we both like it so much. I recently heard a friend describe Ollie's to someone as "Big Lots on steroids," which is pretty accurate. I especially like their book selection, but over the weekend I also found on the stationery aisle this package of 18 small metal tins for just $4.99 (regularly $19.99).

These tins were designed to be used as wedding or party favors, but of course I looked at them and immediately saw future tea tins! Each one is a rectangle of about 2 x 2-3/8 inches, and the tins are 1-1/2 inches tall.

You can even go to the website of the manufacturer, Gartner Studios, to download templates for printing the stickers which are included, though I'll probably just write on mine or add a cute teapot sticker or something simple like that. If you've ever wanted a nice way to share loose leaf tea with friends, I think this may be it!

12 comments:

  1. Love the small tins. Your post made me search online to see if there's an Ollie's in my area, and to my surprise there is! I wouldn't have known it was there if it weren't for your informative post. I'll be paying them a visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find. I've seen sets of a sort in our dollar store but don't think they're as nice.
    Ollie's isn't in Ontario to my knowledge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I've never heard of Ollie's but now I will be looking for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You find the best stuff! Fab! They don't have those stores on the left coast...
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute. These could be used for so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are perfect for sharing tea samples.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how awesome - you may want to pick out a few more for Christmas gifts!! There are so many wonderful Christmas teas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those would be perfect filled with tea as tea party favors. Gartner Studios is up in my neck of the woods. If you're ever in the Twin Cities area, they have a lovely shop in downtown Stillwater under their Mara Mi label. The shop offers cards, gifts, a bit of specialty baking accessories, as well as tables where you can enjoy tea, cupcakes, and other treats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will check on Ollie's recommendation! Thanks for sharing! Cute tins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tins, how lucky to find them. I recently saw chalkboard stickers and have thought they would be fun for gifts. The tins could be used again the label just wiped off and written with what is new in the tin. I am now looking to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these tins! Will have to check out Ollie's, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!