Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Teavivre's Fengqing Dragon Pearl Black Tea

So, the plan was to enjoy a tea tasting of two of my new tea samples from Teavivre, but I was so excited over this one tea that I thought it deserved its very own post!

Ever heard of Dragon Pearl Green Tea? I've sipped it many times, the jasmine-flavored version, but I have never heard of Dragon Pearls that were black tea until I received this Fengqing Dragon Pearl Black Tea from Teavivre.

Watching the pearls become tea leaves is so enjoyable to me, I chose to steep this tea not in a gaiwan but rather in a clear glass infuser mug. The insert at left has little slits in the glass so you can lift it right out once your tea is ready.

And what a treat this tea was! It had a rich mouth feel, brisk but not astringent, and I was so pleased the taste matched the beauty of this tea. If you'd like to learn more, go here. You know, I think some photographer ought to create a book that is focused (literally and figuratively) on the beauty of tea. Now wouldn't that be a pleasure to see?

3 comments:

  1. Tea-lovin photographers wanted!
    Dragon Pearl sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this as a black tea either. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first photo is beautiful!
    Thanks for the recommendation, sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!